HOW TO MAKE AN ORIGAMI HEART?
Papercraft Series 01: ORIGAMI SHAPES
Episode – 02
After successfully making an origami cube, I thought I conquered all techniques of origami and was badly wanting to make cranes, cool dragons, etc. My sister just laughed at me and showed the next shape, yelling “BASICS FIRST!”. So, here we go.
Hi guys, welcome back. Here is the second episode of “Origami series”. In the last episode, we learned how to make a simple origami cube. If you missed that post, here is the link –
Now, in this episode, we are going to learn, how to make a 3D origami heart with simple step by step instructions. For those who love watching video tutorials, there is a video linked at the end.
You just need some patience, paper, and scissors.
Steps to make a 3D origami Heart.
SIZING INSTRUCTIONS –
1. Take a long rectangular paper strip. I have taken, 3.5cm x 34cm paper (1 x 13 inches).
Note – The size of the heart varies depending on the size of the rectangular strip.
FOLDING STEPS –
2. In one end of the strip, fold the paper diagonally. This forms a triangular fold.
3. Now, refold the triangular fold, diagonally.
4. Continue folding the triangle diagonally, in a criss-cross motion.
5. When you reach the last piece to fold in the paper strip, fold the piece diagonally, opposite to the triangle.
6. Now, insert the last piece into the “pocket” of the triangle.
7. So, now all the hard steps are done. At this step, you will have a triangular piece of paper.
8. Now slightly trim two ends of the triangle, to get the rounded edge of the heart.
9. Gently push down the middle of the top edge of the triangle. This will puff up the triangle and also form a beautiful crease in the center.
10. Voila, your 3D origami heart is done!
If you find this post on origami heart interesting, share with others. Or if you learned to make, then teach your kids or friends this simple craft. Here is a video tutorial for those who love watching videos.
Comment me below, if you like and find this method easy. Also, connect with us on social media. Links are given below.
- Instagram – @diarytale
- Facebook Page – @diarytale1
- Twitter – @diary_tale
*P.S. Thanks for those who showed continuous support via subscription & social media. If you are new here, feel free to subscribe to us!
Have a good day!!